Transport Planner – Swatragh Office
At B. P. McKeefry, we regard our employees as our single biggest asset, as without enthusiastic and committed individuals, it would be impossible to keep our vehicles moving on time and to schedule.
With this in mind, we wish to appoint a Transport Planner at our Head Office in Swatragh on a permanent basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Transport Manager, the Transport Planner will be primarily involved in the routing of vehicle movements throughout the UK and Ireland and ultimately become involved in our European Operations.
The Transport Planner must be enthusiastic and fully committed, a good team player and have exceptional organisational ability.
Other duties include as follows;
- Communicating with internal/external customers on a regular basis to determine and meet their requirements
- Supporting drivers & issuing instructions
- Liaising with key suppliers including shipping companies, maintenance facilities and tank cleaning stations
- Scheduling proactive and reactive maintenance of vehicles and tankers
- Scheduling the cleaning of tankers at tank wash stations
- Administrative tasks associated with UK & EU customs declarations
- Inputting, reviewing, and verifying information within a bespoke transport information management system (TIMS)
- Working under your own initiative and meeting deadlines
- Strong IT skills: Excel, Word, Microsoft Outlook
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well as part of a team or individually, often in a busy working environment and establish effective working relationships at all levels of the business
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades A-C (or equivalent)
- Minimum B (or higher) grade in GCSE Mathematics and English (or equivalent)
- Full driving licence
Previous experience is not essential as full structured training will be provided.
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary with benefits and excellent working conditions.
Please visit the link below to apply on our careers website:
Closing date for applications
The closing date for completed applications is Monday February 7th 2022
For more information on the post please view our list of duties, responsibilities and qualification requirements here.