Apprentice HGV Mechanic
At B. P. McKeefry, we regard our employees as our single biggest asset, as without enthusiastic and committed individuals, it would be impossible to keep our vehicles moving on time and to schedule. With this in mind, we wish to appoint an apprentice H.G.V Mechanic at our Head Office Maintenance Facility in Swatragh on a permanent basis.
B. P. McKeefry is a dynamic Transport Business that currently employs over 100 people and operates throughout Ireland, the United Kingdom, and Europe. B.P. McKeefry Depots are strategically located in Northern Ireland (Head Office), Liverpool, Basingstoke, and Dublin offering a wide range of specialist transport services to the food, industrial, and waste industries.
- Previous experience in a similar role, demonstrating commitment to the job, would be beneficial but not essential as full training provided
- Car driving licence would be advantageous
Duties and Responsibilities
- General servicing of our extensive fleet of road tankers/trailers and units
- Testing of hydraulics, diagnostics, and programming of ECU
- Fitting air valves and piping
- Fitting lights and wiring looms
- Making and fitting hydraulic looms
- PDI of new vehicles
- Piping and wiring of new-build road tankers/trailers and units
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary with benefits and state-of-the-art working conditions.
Please visit the link below to apply on our careers website:
Closing date for applications
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
B. P. McKeefry is an equal opportunities employer
For more information on the post please view our list of duties, responsibilities and qualification requirements here.